Run parameters, high output mode (2 flow cells, each with 8 lanes available for user samples):
- Up to 4 billion reads (8 billion paired end) per dual flow-cell run
- Single-read or paired-end
- Read lengths of 50 or 125 bp
- Total output up to 1 Tbp per run. Run durations up to 6 days.
Additional Run parameters, rapid run mode
In addition to the parameters above, the 2500 instrument can also be run in a "rapid" mode that offers lower throughput but at greater speed. This also allows longer read length (all at increased cost per base compared to the regular runs).
- Up to 600 million reads (1.2 billion paired end)
- Read lengths up to 150 bp
- Total output up to 180 Gbp per run. Run duration approx. 40 h.
- Genomic DNA sequencing
- Exome sequencing
- mRNA sequencing
- smallRNA/microRNA sequencing
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation sequencing
- DNA methylation
Most samples can be run as either Paired-End (PE) or Single-Read (SR) experiments