Pac Bio Sequencing
Pacific Biosciences PacBio RS II
The instrument has the following specifics:
- ~ 45 000 reads per SMRTcell ('chip')
- Read error rate ~13% for single pass reads, >99.99% with circular consensus reads
- P4-C2 chemistry
- ideal for de novo assembly and targeted sequencing applications
- read lengths average at 5 500 bases
- 95 percentile is at 11 000 bp
- the maximum may exceed 24 000 bp
- P5-C3 chemistry
- generates more 20 kb reads at a small drop in single-pass accurcay, best for scaffolding and spanning structural rearrangements.
- read lengths average at 8 500 bases
- 95 percentile is at 18 000 bp
- the maximum may exceed 30 000 bp
- de novo sequencing of Bacteria, Yeasts, Fungi, Plants, Animals, ...
- sequencing of BACs, Fosmids, Plastids
- resequencing for mutation discovery (SNPs, indels, genomic rearrangements)
- transcriptome analysis
- epigenetics (methylation and other base-modifications)
For a description of some of the applications, refer to the application pages on the Pacific Biosciences website.
The PacBio-Sequencing Submission Form (please read the important information on sheet 2 and 3 in this spreadsheet) should be filled out and submitted as soon as possible before delivery/submission of your sample(s). The completed form should be saved under a file name that includes a name and date, and returned by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org